Kids can also show off their BBQ talents at the Kids Q on Saturday morning!
The Kids Q is not separated by ages. Each contestant will prepare a barbecued hamburger. They will be cooking on small grills over charcoal briquets which will be provided for them. When they arrive, the grills will be loaded with charcoal, lit, and will be ready to cook on. The hamburger and bun will be provided for each contestant. Contestants can bring anything else they want to make their burger (cheese, condiments, toppings, spices, onions, veggies, etc.) Start time is 9:30 a.m. Saturday. Report to the covered area behind the big red barn
- Competition will begin at 9:30 am on Saturday at the Washakie County Fairgrounds.
- Awards will be given on-stage at 11:00am.
- Contestants must be between the ages of 8-16 on the date of the competition.
- Prizes will be awarded for places 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
- Grills, charcoal, hamburger, and buns will be provided by the Wyoming BBQ and Bluegrass Festival.
- Contestant is responsible for providing additional needed items. This may include; bowls, spoons, turners, garnish, and condiments such as lettuce, pickles, bacon, ketchup, etc…
- ONLY the Head cook is able to cook and entered into the contest (no parent help). ONLY Head cook will receive awards/prizes. Each Head cook is able to have up to four helpers, but helpers may not cook and helpers will not be awarded prizes.
For a downloadable Printable Application, Click here.
For additional information contact: Heidi Rutledge (307) 431-8268